Seed Donation Program
At the BC Eco Seed Co-op we are proud to donate seed to aligned community initiatives in Canada doing great work and rely on donations to make change in their communities. Our donations primarily focus on community initiatives around growing and producing food, educating on food systems, social justice, empowerment, community connections and more!
We receive a large number of requests and do our best to accommodate as many worthwhile projects as possible depending on our inventory. We try to evaluate all donation forms within a three weeks of receiving your request and will follow up with you for details.
April 2021: We have distributed all donations for 2021 - form submissions are welcome anytime however we will not be again reviewing or following up until November 2021.
To submit a request please complete the form here.
Initiatives we've supported since 2019 include:
- Bella Coola Valley Sustainable Agricultural Society
- Canadian Horticultural Therapy Association
- Dawson Creek Seed Library & Taylor Seed Library
- Downtown Eastside Seed Library, run in partnership with Hives for Humanity and the Vancouver Public Library
- Earthwise Society
- Food Eco District (FED) My FED Farm 2021
- Foods of the Fundy Valley
- Girl Guides Garden Of Giving Project (A 'Roots Of Shoots' project supported by the Jane Goodall Institute)
- Grandview Woodland Community Seed Library
- Growing Together
- Kamloops Food Policy Council's Community Seed Library
- Kootenay Food & West Kootenay Permaculture Co-op
- Kwantlen Seed Library
- Lettuce Harvest Foundation
- Richmond Community Seed Library
- Shawnigan Basin Society SOSBC Community Garden Project
- Sunshine Coast Seed Saving Collective
- Surrey Seed Library
- Tiny Seed Sharing Project
- Wildflowers & Co. Indigenous Garden Project
- YWCA Rooftop Food Garden